Want to have a great reputation? Earn it!

Pin It

Your reputation precedes you.
Your reputation creates or destroys sales.
What’s yours?

 

1. Become known for doing everything you said you would do – on time or sooner. To have any prayer for a reputation you must be known as a person who does, and delivers, what you promise. Without this fundamental element, don’t bother to read the rest.

2. Become known for being easy to do business with, and be friendly while you are doing it.
Customers expect everything and they expect it when they need it – not just when you can offer it. You have to be friendly when you are there and friendly when you are not there. This means easily accessible by telephone and easy accessible by Internet.

3. Become known for being proactively remarkable.
When you stand out from other vendors, you will be talked about, and earning a reputation (and a testimonial) will be simple. Being remarkable means going the extra mile and making service the forefront of your business, not an add on.

4. Become known for providing consistent help.
If you get my weekly email magazine, Sales Caffeine, you know it is all about sales help. Each week I provide my customers information of value – information that helps them learn and grow. And I do it for free. As a result, my customers and followers are loyal, they think of me often in a positive way, and they proactively send me referrals on a regular basis.

4.5 Become known as someone who gets business for customers.
While this is not always possible, I can assure you it is the single most valuable thing you can do to secure loyal relationships, referrals, an incredible reputation, and testimonials that will flow like Niagara Falls. Figure out a way to help your customer by providing them leads, referrals, and networking opportunities so they have an opportunity to get new business.

RESULT: The most incredible reputation will come your way.

Here are a few more things you can do to create and build reputation:

  • Create internal WOW! moments for customers. Establish WOW! empowerment for employees who face customer concerns and complaints. Give them specific things they can do. (offer free products, free gifts, gift certificates, free shipping)
  • Select a random “customer of the day” from people who call in. Then post it with a photo on your business Facebook page.
  • Create a Wikipedia page that boasts of your accomplishments and generates more key words.
  • Design and post a YouTube channel filled with testimonials. Make sure the titles are searchable and always contain the word “testimonial.”
  • Start with YES! Train all people in your company to tell customers what you CAN do, not what you CAN’T do.
  • Write an article that contains several examples of what you’re doing to build your reputation. Post it on your Facebook page and blog it.
  • Encourage your customers to post their opinion of a transaction or interaction.

When you let your positive words and actions speak for themselves, your reputation rises in the process.

 

BOOM

 

Pin It

Comments

  1. This one hit me hard, I built my reputation right along the bullet points you laid out here. However as my business grows I find it increasingly difficult to do number 2 very well. 70% of my business deals with customers as a group and it’s easy to have “moments” with those individuals inside the group and that group is very happy. The other 30% of my business is VERY personal, and I can feel and financially see my reputation with this group losing steam. Should I shift to focus to 100% on making more people happy and let the business of my personal clients go to a competitor? I think that losing my reputation in this crowd may be more detrimental than telling them I can’t maintain the service they expect. I think they would respect me more for this!

  2. Asking questions are actually good thing if you are not understanding something entirely, except
    this paragraph presents nice understanding yet.

Speak Your Mind

*