Here are the TOP 6.5 referral EARNING strategies:
1. Deliver memorable service. It’s simple. Be friendly and helpful, and give positive response.
2. Be available. Make it easy to do business with you and anyone else in your company 24/7/365.
3. Be a consistent value provider. Create an email magazine and blog with content that helps customers, and a business Facebook page where you post positive and helpful information and good news, and allow for customer interactions.
4. Give a referral to the customer. This requires work, but it’s a great way to prove your worth.
5. Get them one LinkedIn contact they can benefit from. See if any of your connections could be of value to your customers, and make connections.
6. Develop the relationship slowly over time. Create your long-term value plan, and execute it consistently. Always post a “thank you” for referred business.
6.5 DON’T ASK FOR A REFERRAL IF YOU HAVEN’T EARNED ONE.
There’s an underlying powerful message in what I’m saying here. It’s about having a philosophy of giving, without the expectation of getting anything in return. This philosophy, if adopted, will give you a lifetime of fulfillment without an ounce of regret, remorse, or resentment.
Give to give. Don’t give to get.