If you’re looking for consistency in selling performance, try these steps. You won’t believe how lucky you start to get.
Monday. How you do on the first day of the week sets the tone for the rest of it. And how you do on Monday is based entirely on how smart you worked last week. If you are disciplined enough to follow these methods, you won’t believe the difference it will make in your week and your productivity.
1. Make a sale first thing Monday morning… Set an appointment for early Monday morning you are confident will buy. It makes you feel great to capture a sale to start your week. Sets you in motion and gives you a mental boost to work harder (and make another one).
NOTE WELL: Since there are a lot of companies having sales meetings on Monday AM, you’re as productive as you can be with an appointment. You can start making sales calls after 10am. (If time permits you can also try a few calls before 8am. Lots of decision makers are early risers.)
2. Learn something new… Listen to a training CD in your car or at home (or both), and instead of listening to the same old news or music, try to feed your head with new knowledge that will help you make that first sale. When you learn a new technique on the way to an appointment, you can try it out in minutes.
3. Make at least 5 appointments for the rest of the week… Why not have a Monday full of success and positive anticipation. It’s up to you. Pick up the phone and work at it.
4. Work like hell all week.
Friday. How you do on the last day sets the tone for next week. Most people slack off. If you work intensely on Friday, it will ensure success next week and give you good reason to have a great weekend.
5. Learn something new… Continuing your sales education throughout the week on a regularly scheduled basis is as important to your success as any other aspect of sales, but make sure you listen on Friday morning.
6. Make a sale on Friday afternoon… Schedule a close for Friday afternoon… nothing like ending the week on a positive note.
7. Confirm and solidify your Monday appointment on Friday… If you worked hard the last four days, you’ve already set your “Monday AM make–a–sale” appointment. Call the prospect on Friday and confirm it.
8. Make at least 5 appointments for next week… Why not guarantee yourself a full schedule next week? Spend your weekend relaxing instead of worrying about how few appointments you have. Make this commitment to yourself: I won’t leave work on Friday until I have 5 appointments and I’ve have set my Monday appointment/sale.
8.5 The secret to a great week is to use Monday as a springboard. The bigger secret is to trigger it by making a “sale” call on Monday. The biggest secret is you having enough qualified prospects in your pipeline to make that Monday sale possible. Keep your sales pipeline full. PREPARE for your success or it won’t occur.
Sounds simple. Make appointments, listen to CD’s, make sales. It is simple. It just isn’t easy. But if you work intensely, you can do it. I can make one promise to you… follow these guidelines and you’ll have sales consistency (you’ll also earn money).
Now you know the secret. I’ve given you the answer. The question is what will you DO with the answer.