Here’s the mind-set needed for generating power statements:
- Don’t sell drill bits. Sell the perfectly smooth holes they create.
- Don’t sell printing. Sell the brochures that will reflect your prospect’s image and impact her sales.
- Don’t sell cars. Sell the prestige and status you’ll have, or the smooth ride.
- Don’t sell insurance. Sell safe, financially-secure families protected from tragedy.
- Don’t sell eyeglasses. Sell better vision and a stylish look.
Power statements have several purposes and can serve many needs in completing and solidifying the sale.
*Excerpted from Jeffrey Gitomer’s Sales Bible: The Ultimate Sales Resource