Here are 10.5 ways to adapt to change and incorporate it naturally into your life — and your life’s work:
1. Just accept change as part of life – it’s inevitable – don’t fight it. Give change a chance.
2. Keep change in perspective – it ain’t brain cancer – it’s not death. It’s something new and different. It might be better.
3. Look for new opportunities to succeed – you’ll never see how change can work in your favor if you’re mad.
4. Write down all the bad things that could possibly happen – and figure out a game plan to avert or deal with each one of them
5. Write down all the good things that can come of change – and expand on the opportunities they can bring you and your company.
6. Discuss your concerns with others WHO CAN HELP – avoid those who are grumbling or wallowing in self-pity.
7. Don’t “WOE IS ME” it – seek out others less fortunate than you to keep things in perspective.
8. Form a team to figure out positive outcomes – explore as much possible good from change as you (and others) are able.
9. Keep your attitude level and reinforcement at an all time high – Now is the time to listen and read as much positive mental attitude things as you can. Keep your car cassette player full of positive words from the masters.
10. Goal three things that will make the change work – Then go on an all out action plan to achieve those goals.
10.5 Remember that you’re the greatest. This change is an opportunity to prove it to yourself, and achieve new greatness. Just roll along – just change it.